Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Decorating advice wanted!

I have been in the decorating mood lately. Below are a few pictures of Grant's room. I have had my eye on a rugby striped rug from Pottery Barn Kids for a while and I've been patiently waiting for it to go on sale. I want to put the rug in front of Grant's daybed. I'd like to paint Grant's dresser and the shelf above it. It is the light colored dresser, not the antique desk/dresser. What color would you paint the dresser and shelf? I was thinking of either painting them the dark blue color in the rug or painting them white like the day bed. Opinions please!!:-)


This is a picture of Grant's room, with the closet door on the right.




This is a picture of Grant's antique desk/dresser. (not the one I want to paint)




This is the dresser and shelf that I'd like to paint!


This is another picture of Grant's room, taken from the doorway.




Finally, here is a picture of the PBK rug.











3 comments:

  1. Hey Jennifer! Love the room! It's very cute! I'd say to paint it dark blue. You've got plenty of white on the bottom, and the lighter blue above. I thinkt he dark blue would set it off really nicely. If not, then white...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think white would be an overkill. I actually think the wood is a good compliment, can you get all the wood stained to match? Can the dresser be sanded or stripped and restained a bit darker? I think the color scheme is good blue, white, wood, red. The latest pottery barn catalog is some examples of the color scheme in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen -

    I personally think red would be cute. I love red & blue together for boys rooms.

    ReplyDelete