We celebrated Christmas day as a family in the morning, opening gifts and leisurely sipping coffee. (Jason and I, of course!)
Later in the afternoon we had the McKinnon family over for a delicious early dinner and a fun bon fire. (our kids still call them "fire bons".)
Monday morning, Jason and I escaped Tampa SANS KIDS for Marco Island. We really enjoyed our time together. We stopped at the outlets on the way down and enjoyed a wonderful dinner our first night. Tuesday, we enjoyed sleeping in, going to the gym, enjoyed a couple of Spa services and then ended our night with another wonderful meal. We decided to stop in Naples on our way home Wednesday. As many of you know, Jason has been searching for a new boat for months. It's hard to find a primarily fishing boat that is also good for a day out with the family. Well, we found one! Here is Jason's (I mean "our") new boat. It's not final yet, we have to wait for a survey to be done and a sea trial. Hopefully, it will be ours in a weeks time.
We spent the first part of New Years Eve at The Jordan's house. The kids had a blast with their friends and Jason and I enjoyed hanging out with the adults. Around 9:30pm, the kids started to crash so we left the party to come home and put the kiddos to bed. I ended up crashing not long after the kids, but jason managed to party for a few more hours at the neighbor's house;-)
We spent New Years Day as a family and then went to a neighbors house to watch the football game in the evening and enjoy some good smoked ribs.
Last night, we had a bunch of our good friends/neighbors over for a bon fire to enjoy the COLD Florida weather. (seriously, it dipped into the low 30s last night!!) Everyone had a blast, with the BIG boys not ending the fun until the wee hours of the morning.
I think 2010 is going to be an incredible year. I pray for continued happiness and health for not only our family, but your family too. God Bless!



No comments:
Post a Comment