Today was one of those days where I really wanted to curl up on the sofa and take a nap - at 9am! For those of you who have two kids and are considering a third, consider this.
6:30am - get up and begin to run around like a crazy woman trying to get all three kids dressed, fed and out the door.
7:35am - Out the door
7:40am - pick up two more kids for carpool
7:45am - walk FIVE kids into the elementary school. Drop Jaiden off at his kindergarten class and take Grant to his speech class (he goes twice a week from 8 - 8:30)
8:00am - drive back home to empty the dishwasher, load it back up. Allison has a potty accident and I have to QUICKLY change her and put her back in the car
8:20am -stop for gas. I didn't realize my car was on EMPTY!
8:30am - pick Grant up from speech and take him to preschool
9:00am - drop Grant off at preschool. Call the Dr. because Allison has had a lingering cough that sounds worse and she hasn't been sleeping well (as in NO naps) for several days.
9:30am - run to BJ's to pick up a few things for the weekend
10:30 - 12:00 - run to the mall with Allison to buy some things for teacher appreciation week next week
12:30 - back home for a super quick lunch with Allison
12:50 - pick Jaiden up early from school so that he can go with me to Allison's Dr. appoinment
1:10pm - sitting in Drs. office with Allison and Jaiden (watching another little boy puke in the middle of the waiting room)
1:45 - finally see Dr. and she says that Allison has TWO horrible ear infections. Dr. says she can't believe Allison doesn't have a fever and hasn't been acting sick. Well, I guess she hasn't been sleeping for a while - yes, I feel mommy guilt now.
2:00 - Off to pick Grant up at school with Jaiden and Allison in tow
3:00 - picking up antibiotics and a new allergy prescription for Allison
3:45 - since Allison won't nap, I take all three kids to a friend's house where the boys can swim with some friends. Allison is exhausted and whines the entire time we are there, until I finally decide I need to take my crew home
5:00 - GOD is awesome, and as I pull up to our house, I see that Jason is home early!
5 - 8pm - one big blur
Fun, right?! Some days I feel completely overwhelmed by the responsibility of raising three children. Today, we didn't even have any activities or homework. (there is no school tomorrow - is that good or bad?) At times I feel like I am caught in the middle of a race and all I want to do is take a seat on the side and enjoy the race, instead of running the race.
My three kids are all sleeping right now - and there is nothing that can make me smile more then looking at my beautiful, SLEEPING children:-)
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! Busy Mom!
ReplyDeleteOh Man, I hope I can handle it with 2!
ReplyDelete