Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to school, back to a routine!

Last week, the boys went back to school. They had been home for THREE months and I was ready to get back into a routine. Jason had business in Maryland from M-Thurs, so he took Allison along with him and had his parents spend time with her while I stayed home and concentrated on getting the boys off to a good start at school. (you're the best sweetheart!) Tuesday was the first day of school and both boys walked into their classrooms without any tears. Jaiden is officially a Kindergartener! He goes to school every day from 8am - 2:15. Grant is at a private, Christian preschool and he also goes every day, but from 9 - 1:50. I'm carpooling with a friend in the neighborhood who has a daughter that goes to school with Jaiden and a son that goes to school with Grant. My friend drops off her son at my house in the morning and takes Jaiden and her daughter to Kindergarten. I take Grant and her son to preschool in the morning and then I pick up the Kindergarteners at the bus stop in the afternoon. Works out great!

Now that the boys are back to school, I have some special one on one time to spend with Allison. Today, we met a couple of friends at the aquarium and had the best time. I really am grateful for this time I get to spend with Allison. I feel a little guilty about Grant being in school every day already (he'll be 4 in Oct.), but he seems to enjoy it and I have planned a few "fun" days for him where I'll let him skip school and have one on one time with mommy.

Towards the end of the summer, I thought I was going to lose my mind. I love my kids, don't get me wrong. However, three kids at home, ALL day, EVERY day....well, you can imagine, right?

Grant and Jaiden outside Jaiden's classroom


Jaiden putting his stuff away.



Jaiden getting right to work!


Grant and his girlfriend, Hailee.

First time riding the bus...coming home.




No comments:

Post a Comment